Saturday, March 17, 2007

Censorship and shiats @ The Office


Just finished a meeting @ The Office. Sure it was the usual meeting with the usual anecdotes and lessons that need to be dispensed and learnt, but I was uncomfortable because for the past two nights, I have finally figured out what was bothering me and why I couldn't sleep. I was anxious about The General talking to The Loner about going about on his own with regards to the pricing etc of The Principal's items, which of course is contrary to The Company's policy.

Guess what happened?

Two emails that I sent out - one to The Chinaman and one to The Principal were highlighted and I was lambasted for using strong words in the first one and for airing 'dirty laundry' in the other. The Loner however got away with just a slap on the wrist. Typical.

I seriously regret coming to work here in 2002, despite the occasional good thing that happens. I consider myself to be a strong team player, and I strongly believe that it is my work ethic and passion that got me promoted, not the fact that I am related to The General. It's like nothing can EVER go right here and I'm just getting really tired.

Being honest in the email circle of The Managers seems to be a farce simply because:

  1. Not one manager uses it seriously for communication anymore.
  2. Even when you're honest, you're not really allowed to be honest, your honesty must meet certain rules and standards before it is accepted by the other Managers. WTF.
One wonders what I'm still doing here right ... ? Well, I would leave except for the fact that The General just had major heart surgery, is planning on leaving his 'legacy' of The Company in my hands (which I was not consulted for because, I was the son who, as my brother termed it "The Loyal Golden Retriever" of The General and would do whatever he asked / said / demanded).

I love the OTHER people that are working here because they are hard working and loveable individuals, August 11th and The General and The Economist (occasionally) excluded. Maybe I'm just venting after being lambasted, persecuted (ok a bit drama, but you get the idea), but I feel pushed to the limit. Now, not only am I thrust back into Sales, I have to handle Marketing and the BOS (with August 11th and The Loner) and be able to do all that in record time. Fuck. Seriously? Seriously!

Geez.


No comments: