Sunday, August 12, 2007

Sad, sad day ...

Rene and I were very taken with Nigella's recipe on Mushroom Pasta Bake and decided to try it without the baking portion, since we don't have an oven here.

Anyhow, I was chopping and she was the mushroom prep chick. Everything on her end with the cooking went fantastic. We replaced sherry with red wine. Everything tasted awesome. I thought I'd try the cream sauce as I've never made it before.


Disaster.


Too much flour.

Tasted like shit.

Whole meal went to smithereens.

Everyone was being nice about it.

I feel like shit about it.

Failed.

I've failed Nigella.


:(

Ha ha.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

my overly-dramatic B-I-L... :)
it was edible, and now we know how much flour is too much flour ;)

Kenneth said...

Nice yes, the photo of me wife? :)

Ms. Redd said...

yeah loh...i tot what so BAD happened..!

cis