Thursday, January 3, 2008

Perth, Western Australia

... part 1.

It started out hectic enough. I was only packed the morning that we were supposed to leave. Leave
it to bad habits learned from my Mom on last minute packing :P. I got a text from Kelly saying that they're on the way, which is like 10 minutes away from the office, so ... I waited a good 25 before they finally turned up :P ... in this.

All is forgiven. Ha ha ... it was an amazing car, smooth to drive, (brakes were the pits though) came with DVD player etc ... amazing. Air conditioning was a DREAM. So nice having Genting in your car ... even all the way into the
back of the car.

Seriously.

Leaving at about 1:30pm finally after picking everyone up, you'd
think that a drive down to Singapore would take about 4 1/2 - tops 5 hours right?

Wrong.

Apparently that time is for those who break the speed limit of 110 km/h. Everyone in my entourage was polite enough not to rush me, so I finally arrived Tuas Petronas station (designated meeting point) @ nearly 6:30pm. Ha ha ... The picture shown here (courtesy of Immigration Department of Singapore's site) is the ideal and what happens on usual days. However, seeing as how we were entering Singapore on the weekend of Christmas, we took about 45 minutes before we made it to the counter. Of course, the Malaysian Immigration was a breeze ... and I was bracing myself for their Singaporean counterparts having heard so many horror stories ... which I must say ... is definitely NOT my experience. The officer was a total gentleman who inquired about our trip ... but he did manage to leave out an important document which was apparently needed by the Customs Officer ... and he wasn't too pleased that we didn't have it ... so that was the only hiccup la ... :) Nice Singaporeans at the border.

... to be continued ...


No comments: