Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Coming soon ...


... a new future.

I've decided to start the application for my PR in USA 2 - 3 years from today, which should get me into a nice position financially. I will, depending on how fast the PR is approved, move over to the States as I not only want to be closer with my Mom, but to have a more ... fulfilling life.

I don't know, I'm so happy with my home that I just got, and yet, I feel that a huge part of my life is not ... being fulfilled. I think it's because I miss my Mom terribly and I'm so happy when I do speak to her daily on the phone and I hate that she's the only Skelchy over there (aside from her brother and they don't speak anymore).

I also felt
great happiness when I stayed there in that small little town of Tuttle, Oklahoma. It was quaint, peaceful and I was fulfilled in a small town way. Maybe I'm not a city boy after all. For those of you who enjoy the fast paced life of city living - this would be where you would come for a 2 days 1 night holiday before you go mad with boredom. Ha ha ... but I take joy in the rustling of the maple leaves, the crisp spring breeze and the miserable amount of snow we get in winter ...

Life is so unhurried, jobs are easy to come by and pay for a good life - I won't be making the millions, but then again, for those who do know me, I was never one to seek out fame and fortune at any rate. I'm content with my simple life and my simple dreams.

I am scared crazy about the move but I know that for the first time in my life - I'm making a decision for ME.

And I couldn't be more stoked about it. ;)

9 comments:

adryenne said...

eeee.. what about us?? aiya, it's bad enough that we cuzzies don't get to see each other often, now that ur goin ta us it just makes it more difficult la. oh well, i guess i'll just have to wish u all the best if that makes u happy.

Kenneth said...

he he .... well, there ARE planes my dear, and I'm going to be HAPPY ... and I will visit you guys ... see we all so near also you both never come and visit me at all :( last time i always go visit you all ....

but it's ok la, i understand all have their own lives and own friends ...

Ms. Redd said...

WHAT?!?!?!?!?!??!?!

u're planning to move there...??????

Tini Zubir said...

I'm happy for you....
Now I have another friend to visit there....heheh

n i l e e y said...

looks like i'll be missing another friend in KL....

Kenneth said...

carol: long time more to go lar .... applying only in 3 years time, by the time get approval etc .... long time more .... just enough to see you married off and my life here in KL complete ... LOL ...

Tini: yes, please DO come and visit :) most welcome :)

Yee Lin: WOn't be missing la ... we should hang when you're not SO busy with work you know ... haven't seen you in YONKS! :)

wittlewabbit said...

You are right... when I grew up in tiny tot Teluk Intan of 110,000 residents, I could not wait to leave.

Now here I am, happy with the pace and "richer" lifestyle cause we actually have time to live.. in the tinier tot Lönsboda with a whooping 2K population.

We plan the come back to Malaysia trips around the same time hor.. can go Sea Park curry mee :x

Kenneth said...

and then paramount Dim Sum leh!!!

M00nie said...

oooh ... my fave cowzen leavin ? but still long time to go rite ... mayb there's a chance u'd change ur mind ?