Thursday, April 3, 2008

Memories ...

... I found a long lost friend today.

In church and Sunday School we were like the best of friends. JD (he has this amazingly LONG string of names, which I shall keep off the record due to his requirement for privacy) and I used to wait for each other in Sunday Primary School at the gates of Catholic High School, which was next to SFX in PJ.

We were in the same class throughout and till we reached confirmation.

He left for the Land Down Under about 12 years ago. And he did it very, very quickly. I didn't even get a chance to say goodbye I guess to my old, old friend.

The reason for the search?

I was facilitating a learning session with my team in the office today and the topic was "Connections" and how it relates between any 2 human beings. How you can spend your whole life with the same bunch of people and not really know who they are, but spend a couple of hours with someone and feel like a kindred spirit ... and I brought up JD and how I do regret not being able to say goodbye etc (sounding a little morbid here) and how the friendship just sort of ... died in a way.

So I began searching for JD and I Googled first his whole name, which didn't work out so well, and then I tried just his first and last names and scored a hit with 2 YouTube vidoes, which had like maybe 1 - 2 seconds of his face in the videos; which I was thrilled, but did not know HOW to make use of that lead. So much for being Sherlock Holmes eh ... searching more lead to a bulletin in KristusAman (a lovely Catholic church in Taman Tun) about a wedding between CL and JD ... and I didn't think it could be him - because he was based in Australia ... searching a little further, there was a blog entry of a friend, albeit an old, old friend, Fiona, and I was flabbergasted to see that it was indeed the wedding of CL and JD and they both looked amazing.

So I left a note on Fiona's page - haven't checked it yet, but I facebooked Fiona and got CL, which lead to me adding CL to my friends list and she messaged me straightaway ... amazing ... and yes, I've finally gotten his email and cell phone, but no replies on either one ... which led me to think ...

How does one re-establish an old friendship?

A little side note here: Fiona runs a multi-faceted studio i.e. dance, drama, music, party planning, self - defense etc in Sri Hartamas called Talent Hub, so if you are looking or are interested - check it out! Looks amazing.

1 comment:

Fiona-Jane Gomez said...

Hey! Finally found the time to check out your blog. I love it. Very random!

Glad you found JD. With Google, anything is possible!

Thanks for adding that little bit about Talent Hub by the way. Much appreciated!