Friday, May 16, 2008

eXcuse Me?

Got a call about 30 seconds ago ...

Me: X Company, Good afternoon. May I help you?
Caller: Salah.

Me: Err ... sorry?

Caller: Salar plis.

Me: Erm, are you looking for Sarah?

Caller: Yes.

Me: Hold on please ...


I don't understand why you can't just say:


"Hi! May I speak with Sarah please?"

Tsk. Tsk. o.O

And to think the Government wants us to revert back to the Malay language for Science and Maths. I had a crappy time wrapping my head around translating it to English in college.

Our standard of English is seriously dropping.

God help Malaysia.

2 comments:

savante said...

Think the standards fell a long time back :)

Kenneth said...

Hey hey ... well, yeah. It kinda died whilst I was in primary school, but there was a little revival in high school.

But thanks to our beloved Education Dept., the shit has literally hit the fan. :P

LOL ... thanks for stopping by.