Monday, June 2, 2008

Yummy food ...

... is not always the most expensive or those cooked by 3-star chefs. A lot of times, it's just the simple food that is cooked with love.

In the photo on the right - from left, we had steamed yam with a topping of fried garlic, dried prawns and something else. Then we had s stir-fry vegetable dish (bean sprouts, choy sam and kai lan) topped with salted fish. In front of that is my favourite all-time dish (you can tell I'm a simple person :P) is canned baked beans with scrambled eggs and slices of fried pork. I could just eat THAT with steamed rice, fried luncheon meat and sambal belacan and fresh cucumbers. (That in itself I could eat daily and never be bored, but thank God I don't have to do that :P). Now on the right of that is "chicken with ginger", another favorite dish of mine. In front of my brother is the fried fish. What fish, I can't remember. Ha ha.

Thanks to McMom for the yummy weekend dinner.

No comments: