Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant

I seem to be on a spree of Japanese food consumption ... and I'm certain that it's good for health ;). Lily and I stopped by this place after she had a little medical emergency in the office and we had 2 hours to while away whilst waiting for the MRI appointment.

Even the chopsticks were the expensive disposable kind. Good 1st impression. ;)

It's called Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant and it's located in those single row of shops fronting the SJMC / SDMC in Subang, SS15. I ordered the Salmon Teriyaki Bento @ RM25 & an ala-carte Chicken Teriyaki. It was ... GOOD.

The edamame was fresh, lightly salted and the peas themselves were fresh and steaming hot. Good stuff.

The bento came with 3 humongous cubes of Salmon Sashimi, which was fresh, chilled and good to the last ... er ... drop? ;) The wasabi wasn't the cheap ass Sushi King variety and was smooth and smoky. I'll let the photos do the talking next ya? ;)

The chawanmushi was light, fluffy and tasty. Very nice.

My Bento Box ... or tray in this case. Food came out fast, in 10 minutes or so, despite the place being filled with the lunch crowd. Salmon looks small in the photo, but I was stuffed by the time I had finished. And thank God it was all tooth-achingly sweet with the teriyaki sauce. It was just ... nice. ;)

The pièce de résistance: the glorious sashimi.

Details:
Rakuzen Japanese Restaurant,
No. 13, Jalan SS15/5A,
47500 Subang Jaya,
Selangor.
Tel: +603.5880.4717

No comments: