Monday, January 3, 2011

The Lord and The Devil ...


As I walked about capturing moments in time, I notice you standing stoically amongst the imposing and gargantuan buildings surrounding you on all three sides. Yet, you exude this calmness and peace and are gently secure in your surroundings. What a gem of a find! As I take your portrait in my little camera, I wonder who built you. Who placed each brick and stone and poured the concrete and cast the keystones and who carved the lovely, intricate details that are evident on your facade as well as your interior.

It's been a long, long time since I've been the House of The Lord, but that doesn't mean that I still don't love Him. I just ... have issues. ;) And I'm certain that He understands. Or at least, I hope He does ...

But, a house of worship of any religion, always soothes the soul. Kinda like a cuppa hot chocolate of a cold, rainy day. Or Devil Curry poured over steaming hot rice during winter. Oh Mama, I miss you! ;)

No comments: