Thursday, May 15, 2008

Speed Racer

Right.

When I first saw the trailer, I was so deadset against going to see it; with me not being a huge anime fan and all. I prefer my cartoons classic like Thundercats, or Smurfs or something like that.

But I like animation, and I LOVE Warcraft trailers.

That to me is what animation is all about.

Sorry to all anime fans out there. I just don't get making everyone look like they have full moons for eyes and heads the size of pinheads.

o.O

So anyway, went to catch this movie with Ms.Redd on our day out. It was ... actually quite good and amusing. The storyline was simple without over-complicating it or making the audience feel like we were 5 year old kids. The dialog was witty and I enjoyed Christina Ricci's performance, although the chemistry between her and Emile Hirsch felt more like a brother / sister kinda thing and I was a little grossed out by the finale kiss. (blergh).

So other than that, it was pretty good ... and taught me a little lesson in pre-judging a movie.

1 comment:

Kenneth said...

Hey Patrick! :)

Yes, I certainly felt that they did a GREAT job and at times, the pace of the movie was actually nail biting, especially in the racing scenes, the intense colors made it feel like a kaleidescope as you mentioned, but it felt ... so ... REAL, if you know what I mean. :)

Thanks for stopping by! :)