Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Delicous, yummy goodness ...

... from Delicious Cafe in Bangsar Village II. Stopped by there yesterday afternoon for lunch. Silly me thought that it being a weekday, would be less crowded.

Whoops. o.O

It was JAM PACKE
D with human bodies (and some lovely eye candy to behold too ;) ).

So me and my hombres, we sat down at a table, after waiting for 10 minutes and it being my first time there, called SIL for advice, as she's been here SO many times.

So I got her input on desserts and decided to try the Shepperd's Pie, as a few blogs
had mentioned it. By the way, all photos are from other blogs i.e. masak-masak's blog, klcityboyandgal etc. I didn't have a PnS with me.

Feeling that we had better be safe than sorry (not to mention feeling the PINCH on the pocket, mother ... the prices here not cheap ok), we decided to order
2 entrées, a soup and a salad and then a dessert each. We would all be sharing the entrées and salad and soup (how miserable ha ha) but would have our own desserts.

The Shepperd's Pie was ... *ahem* ok, it was like my Minced Potato Pie, but with 'Spaghetti Bolognaise' meat instead. It was ... OK la ... nothing to jump up and down about la. Portion serving was a little small, so for big eaters, you may want to actually order a Mains to go with this. However, the little salad accompanying it, had some lovely, yummylicious dressing to it. I didn't think much of the little cuppy thing it was served in though. Made it interesting to poke and liberate the salad greens. I still prefer my Minced Potato Pie over this dish.

The next item that came was the Wagyu Beef & Mushroom Pie (RM24.90 ok.) ordered because a lot of people have been talking about Wagyu Beef. Ok ... so I thought that it looked like any other pie and the piece of beef LOOKED like a regular piece of beef, but HOLY COW. Pop one into your mouth ... it's this ... tender little slice of ... well ... beef that is so ... yummy and tender and soft you'd swear you were munching on your own tongue :P. There were however several giant pieces of carrots in the way. :P Not a fan of cooked carrots. So dished them outta there. I loved that the pie pastry itself held its own as a 'bowl', which we eventually devoured anyway. Ha ha ... it was GOOD and the extra serving of gravy came in handy. Again, it came with the yummy side salad and annoyingly tiny bowl. :D

The soup and salad ... were ... erm ... YUMMY. And I don't have pictures of that ... so yeah.

MY dessert finally came and SIL's advance warning of it being really, very chocalatey was not lost on me. I however, was not prepared for the chocolate goodness that was like heaven on a plate. Check it out. It even came with a scoop of yummy vanilla ice cream (not Wall's ok). It was ... God ... OH SO GOOD! Try it out ok!

Total bill for what we ordered: RM102.95

The Delicious Group Sdn Bhd
GF-1, Upper Ground Floor,
Bangsar Village II.
Tel: +603.2287.1554

No comments: