Tuesday, August 5, 2008

I'm back ... !

Ahh ... it's been an amazing couple of months, I must say.

First off ...

The trip to Langkawi was amazing. Firstly - it's a very ... touristy island. And as most island cultures are ... everything is rather ... laid - back, kampung style. I've been there before, and the thing that I noticed that was new was the super - empty 3 - 4 lane on each side highway linking up Kuah town with the popular beachy, touristy areas. The beach, is amazing, depending on which beach resort you go to I guess. At Berjaya Langkawi, which is where we stayed - the beach was ... a little dissapointing. But it was a beach nonetheless. This picture here ... so NOT Berjaya's beach. But I loved the photo by Annie Hiew anyway. ;)

Being in Langkawi gave me the opportunity to er ... grow up a little bit more and to reflect on the whole train-wreck that was my life prior to Langkawi ... well mostly, I tend to over-dramatise things a little :P. But for the most part, I believe that what had happened happened for a reason and I wanted to get the lessons out of it, and for the most part, I did. And I found 'myself' there in a way I guess. In spite on the 'tom yam' incident with Jerry, I would say that I chose to stew for lunch, and chill by dinner and I think he did the same too.

The shopping was crap to say the least ... sure it's a tax-free haven for ALCOHOL (extremely amazingly cheap. A bottle of HoeGarden Beer is RM5/-. Here in KL, it's about ... er ... RM11.20? SIL found her Frangelico - never heard of it ... it looked like some ancient whisky bottle, but tasted kinda like Nutella. LOL. It IS a hazelnut liqueur after all. Mixed with some milk ... damn, you won't even know that you're actually drinking liqueur. That's what's so cool about it. Needless to say, there was inevitable purchase of Absolut Vodka (ok, I'm a sucker for vodka) and again, there was some drinking involved. :) I was a pretty happy camper that night. Seeing as how I get high on alcohol probably twice a year, it was a rare sight that to see me being ... less than proper :P. So it was apparently a treat for Fruits, SIL, BSG ... and to a 'cool-non-chalant' brother as well I guess. He was being anti-social and watching the TV. :)

I don't know when it happened, but at some point, whatever was plaguing me ... was bugging me ... lifted off my shoulders and I actually felt happy again ... like there was a light piercing through the darkness of my days. *ahem*. Well, that's what it felt like. I do have Fruits to thank for being a great room mate ... so thank you Fruits! :) And SIL for being ... SIL.

I guess my whole life has been about me trying to fit some mould or meet some expectation and yes, as timeless as it is cliche
, I tried to meet them and failed miserably, with dire consequences to myself, most of the time. I just ... 'woke up'. I stopped feeling sorry for myself and I stopped to smell the coffee (it has a better aroma than roses do ;) ). For the first time in my life - I am living it. So what if people don't agree with me? ... I start this journey with baby steps ... baby steps peeps. :)

I was out buying lunch today and was walking around and for the first time caught myself thinking ... if I bought this and put it in my house, what would people say. Ah hah! Baby steps towards further enlightenment :P ... I am stopping to care about that too. I will buy it because I love it and it'll look good in my home.

Ok ... will write more soon. Dear blog ... I'm so happy to be back. :) oh and if you're reading - thank you for taking the time and I truly appreciate it. ;) Love ya! :)

Love,
Ken.

4 comments:

HuiChuan said...

Haha! Langkawi certainly did clear some things up there for you eh? You sound...fresh! :) Keep it up, Ken! Baby steps... :)

Kenneth said...

Hiyeeeeeee! How are you doing HC? Yes, the trip there and back was fun and amazing ... and I'm happy that I went. ;)

Baby steps are steps to everything in life I guess ...

Stay cool !:)

Fiona-Jane Gomez said...

Me lovesss Langkawi... cheaap boooze. Me loveee.... *burp*

Kenneth said...

oooooooooh I love frangelico ... so NICE :) like Nutella Liqueur