Saturday, January 1, 2011

Sail away


"I'd like to sail away with you, to places far and wide, mysterious and fun!" said I to the little red dinghy, moored in the freezing waters, surrounded by bigger and larger craft than he.

It creaked softly in reply, as if acknowledging my request, but like me at that time, was anchored by circumstance, unable to move, unless permitted.

I know how you feel, I mused as I clicked my Canon and listened to the shutter 'click', as I froze a moment in time. I feel transported back in time, to when I was 7 and was reading Enid Blyton's adventure stories ... and I was with the Secret Seven, and this was our little red dinghy that we could go to the Secret Island.

I am grateful for those fleeting moments of sweet childhood recollections.

For that, today, I give thanks and am filled with bliss.

3 comments:

Kenny Mah said...

You know, I was just dropping by your blog the other day and noticed you haven't posted since Feb '10. Thought we lost you for good, haha.

Welcome back and have a very, very fantastic 2011! :)

Kenneth said...

Hey Kenny ... well, 2010 was truly a tornado like year for me ... ;) So I'm ... 'de-cluttering' my life in 2011 and putting me first. ;)

i do have people like YOU for inspiration when things go rough and i remind myself that having other things aside from work in my life is very important as well ... ;)

thanks for you, as part of my reminders to be happy. :) and your email of course. it brings me courage and hope.

abigail said...

bracelet links
bracelet louis vuitton
bracelet vivienne
collier chanel
collier juicy
collier louis vuitton
collier vivienne
main bracelet chanel
Porte cles chanel
Porte cles louis vuitton
echarpe
echarpe louis vuitton femmes
echarpe louis vuitton hommes
bottes & boots
high bottes chanel hiver femmes